Insight Meditation and Yoga Retreat
17-22 May 2013, Bali Mountain Retreat Centre
This unique retreat of 6 days and 5 nights duration will be led by Will and held at Bali Mountain Retreat Centre located high on the slopes of Mount Batukaru in Central Bali. This idyllic retreat environment will enable you to relax and unwind and provide the opportunity to inquire into what it means to live in a free and liberated way. Go to registration form.
Mt Batukaru is the second highest mountain in Bali and Bali Mountain Retreat Centre set amidst coffee, cocoa and spice plantations has panoramic views down to the ocean. The air is fresh, the water is directly fed from a spring on the mountain and the creeks and waterways are pristine. You will welcome the refreshing and revitalizing mountain air, sparkling spring fed water and rural Balinese culture.
Insight Meditation, known as Vipassana in the Theravada Buddhist tradition engages in the practice of ethics, mindfulness, depths of meditation, opening of the heart and wisdom teachings. Insight Meditation allows a deep inquiry into this unfolding life, with all its difficulties and joys. An inquiry into our relationship to what arises in our day to day; be it pleasant or unpleasant and the freedom that is available when we bring understanding and awareness to each experience.
This retreat offers an ideal opportunity for established meditators to deepen their practice. Those new to meditation can experience a valuable but gentle introduction to silent meditation & the Dharma teachings in a welcoming, supportive environment. The combination of Insight meditation, Yoga and an idyllic environment combine to open our hearts and deepen our understanding.
Christel Wecker has had a committed Yoga practice for 25 years and has been teaching Yoga classes and workshops in Germany, England and Australia. Christel is trained in the Iyengar Yoga tradition and incorporates Vinjasana Yoga and somatic movement in her teachings.
- Sitting, walking & guided meditation
- Meditation instruction
- meetings with the teacher, inquiry sessions and daily Dharma talks
- 2 daily Yoga exercise periods
$750 AUD per person
- 5 nights accommodation at Bali Mountain Retreat with daily housekeeping
- Shared accommodation, max 3 per room
- Pick up and drop off transfers to/from Bali Mountain Retreat
- Complimentary arrival drink & refreshments
- Balinese Blessing upon arrival to Mount Batukaru
- All meals which include breakfasts, lunches, dinners and refreshments
- Full hot buffet breakfast : typical breakfast includes; eggs (any style), sautéed green vegetables and mushroom, curried tomatoes, toast, potato cake, fresh tropical fruit salad and yoghurt, tea, coffee and orange juice, homemade muesli and/or cereal
- Buffet Lunch: typically a mix of Indonesian styled dishes e.g. crispy tempe, Ayam Bakar, Nasi Kuning, Cap Cay, and organic raw foods dishes, quiches and salads fruit platter, teas, coffee and mountain spring water.
- Buffet Dinner: 4 vegetarian dishes, soup and rice, followed by a choice of 2-3 desserts e.g. fried bananas and ice cream, chocolate cake and cream or ice cream.
- Refreshments are offered twice daily for morning and afternoon tea. This includes fresh fruit, homemade slice/biscuits and a cake e.g. banana cake as well as teas and coffee
- Complimentary drinking water for the duration of the retreat-fresh mountain spring water which is UV filtered
- Free WIFI Access (use own laptop)
- Complimentary Balinese massage (1 hour)
- Guided walk to the local Bali Hindu temple in the mountain forest
Airfares and travel insurance are not included in above price.
Please remember to email your flight details when known so that transfers can be arranged.
Following tradition and in recognition of the priceless nature of the Dharma teachings, the teachers receive no direct payment for their time and teachings. This enables us to keep the basic cost as low as possible. However in recognition of their generosity there will be an opportunity for participants to make a donation of support and appreciation to the teachers.
phone: 02 66551445 0499829504
int +61 02 66551445