Insight Meditation and Yoga Retreat
21 - 27 May 2017, Bali Mountain Retreat Centre
This unique retreat of 6 days and 6 nights duration will be led by Will and Angela McGee and held at Bali Mountain Retreat Centre located high on the slopes of Mount Batukaru in Central Bali. This idyllic retreat environment will enable you to relax and unwind and provide the opportunity to inquire into what it means to live in a free and liberated way. Go to registration form.
Mt Batukaru is the second highest mountain in Bali and Bali Mountain Retreat Centre set amidst coffee, cocoa and spice plantations has panoramic views down to the ocean. The air is fresh, the water is directly fed from a spring on the mountain and the creeks and waterways are pristine. You will welcome the refreshing and revitalizing mountain air, sparkling spring fed water and rural Balinese culture.
Insight Meditation, known as Vipassana in the Theravada Buddhist tradition engages in the practice of ethics, mindfulness, depths of meditation, opening of the heart and wisdom teachings. Insight Meditation allows a deep inquiry into this unfolding life, with all its difficulties and joys. An inquiry into our relationship to what arises in our day to day; be it pleasant or unpleasant and the freedom that is available when we bring understanding and awareness to each experience.
The retreat begins with a traditional blessing ceremony with the local Balinese priest.The retreat will be held in noble silence to enable participants to go deeply into the practice of mindfulness meditation and yoga.
On the third day we will go on a Yatra (silent pilgrimage to local
temple) for Balinese ceremony.
Silence will be broken after lunch on the fifth day and in the evening we will attend a Joged Bumbung (traditonal Balinese music and dance ceremony). The sixth day will consist of meditation, experiential exercises, interviews and inquiry to help integrate any insights or meditation experiences that have arisen during the retreat as well as an opportunity to connect with eachother.
This retreat offers an ideal opportunity for established meditators to deepen their practice. Those new to meditation can experience a valuable but gentle introduction to silent meditation & the Dharma teachings in a welcoming, supportive environment. The combination of Insight meditation, Yoga and an idyllic environment combine to open our hearts and deepen our understanding.
Angela McGee began Yoga teaching 23 years ago after training in the Sivananda tradition. Shortly after she came across the teachings of Krishnamacharya and studied in Australia and India with Krishnamacharya's son, T.K.V Desikachar. Angela believes the ancient wisdom teachings of the Yoga Dharma are completely alive and relevant to contemporary life and to freedom and liberation.
teaches Yoga therapeutically with an emphasis on one - one teaching,
discovering how Yoga can fit the individual rather than the individual
fit the Yoga. She also teaches in corporate and community settings and
has trained and guided
teachers and leads a sangha in the Krishnamacharya lineage. Alongside
her Yoga path, Angela is also a Dharma teacher in the Insight
- Sitting, walking & guided meditation
- Meditation instruction
- meetings with the teacher, inquiry sessions and daily Dharma talks
- 2 daily Yoga sessions
$850 AUD Twin share accommodation
$1050 AUD single room accommodation (limited single room acc.
- 6 nights accommodation at Bali Mountain Retreat with daily housekeeping
- Shared accommodation, 2 per room, ( single rooms available at extra cost).
- Pick up and drop off transfers to/from Bali Mountain Retreat
- Complimentary arrival drink & refreshments
- Balinese Blessing ceremony upon arrival at Mount Batukaru
- Traditional Joged Bumbunhg dance performance.
- All meals are vegetatian and include breakfasts, lunches, dinners and refreshments
- Full hot buffet breakfast : typical breakfast includes; eggs (any style), sautéed green vegetables and mushroom, curried tomatoes, toast, potato cake, fresh tropical fruit salad and yoghurt, tea, coffee and orange juice, homemade muesli and/or cereal
- Buffet Lunch: typically a mix of Indonesian styled dishes e.g. crispy tempe, Ayam Bakar, Nasi Kuning, Cap Cay, and organic raw foods dishes, quiches and salads fruit platter, teas, coffee and mountain spring water.
- Buffet Dinner: 4 vegetarian dishes, soup and rice, followed by a choice of 2-3 desserts e.g. fried bananas and ice cream, chocolate cake and cream or ice cream.
- Refreshments are offered twice daily for morning and afternoon tea. This includes fresh fruit, homemade slice/biscuits and a cake e.g. banana cake as well as teas and coffee
- Complimentary drinking water for the duration of the retreat-fresh mountain spring water which is UV filtered
- Free WIFI Access (use own laptop)
- Complimentary Balinese massage (1 hour)
- Guided walk to the local Bali Hindu temple in the mountain forest
Airfares and travel insurance are not included in above price.
Please remember to email your flight details when known so that transfers can be arranged.
phone: 02 66551445 0499829504
int +61 02 66551445